Saturday, August 20, 2016

Final Blog


Hello class we have finally made it to the last week of class. Like I have said before the blog assignments are my favorite, and I have really enjoyed reading the blogs of each and every one of you. I really wish that I could have talked to an early childhood educator that was from another country. It would have been amazing to hear about how early childhood education is in their country and how they are going about making it better. In lieu of talking to an early childhood professional I did like exploring the different websites that gave wonderful information and insights; on early education other countries. I found it interesting that most of their early childhood education programs were similar to ours, and how they struggle to make the importance of early education known as we do here in the America.

It was awesome learning about the international early childhood field for my professional development. It made me be more open to the way that other countries run their early education systems. It also made me want to bring some of their ideas to the table for my colleagues to consider to see if we can better our program for the families and students. Lastly it made me realize that even though the international childhood early childhood field is challenging, their drive and dedication to give their children a chance at getting a quality education make it all worthwhile. Which inspired me even more to become more active in our field of early education. By writing to our representatives more and attending meetings expressing the importance of early education and why we need more funding for our programs for materials and teachers’ salaries. Personally I learned to have more compassion and respect for other cultures that do things differently from us when it comes to early education. At the end of the day we have the same goal and that is to educate our young children so that they grow up and become positive functioning members of society. Learning about the international early childhood field also made me be more open to learning and embracing new things. I hope to expand my studies and to teach overseas for at least a year, just so I can get a better understanding of life. I plan to continue to learn more about international early childhood, just to expand my knowledge on different approaches to early education. I also plan to continue to reach out to early educators that are international so I can hear about their perspectives of early education, and what advice they might have for me as a young teacher.
Image result for international educators
Image result for international educators

2 comments:

  1. I was also upset that I did not get to connect with my international contacts. I think that it is a smart goal to try to make contact with other people around the world, even though we are done with this course. I never thought about it, but am now considering the options for myself as I think it would be a beneficial thing for me. I have enjoyed reading your blogs as well as discussions in this class and I hope that you enjoy this small break. I wish you well as you continue on your journey.
    Taneisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also enjoyed reading your blog. It has been eye opening reading about international issues and how different organizations are helping with education and poverty. It helps provide ideas and knowledge of what we as educators can strive to do in the future. Good luck in the rest of your courses and your educational career!

    ReplyDelete